Furthermore, there are only a handful of lipsticks or lip tints that offer ample sun protection. So unless I actually take the time to apply an SPF balm, wait for it sit and then top it off with my favorite lip product, my lips are pretty much exposed to the harmful UV rays.
This was generally the reason why I was itching to have one of Bobbi Brown's Treatment Lip Shines (Php 1,100). I mean, if I could have a good 2-in-1 product that saves time and effort, then I'm all for it. Bobbi Brown Treatment Lip Shines boasts of several natural ingredients as well as a hefty SPF 15:
"You get the best of both worlds with Treatment Lip Shine SPF 15. It gives you beautiful color and actually improves the condition of your lips. It’s a truly modern formula." - Bobbi Brown
Lightweight, soft shine lipstick that doubles as a rejuvenating moisture treatment. It instantly comforts dry, chapped lips and provides long-term moisturization with natural Cocoa and Shea Butters, Jojoba, Apricot Kernel and Avocado oils. Peptides, along with Vitamin C, stimulate collagen production to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, while SPF15 helps prevent future sun damage.
When I had my makeover a few weeks ago, it was the perfect opportunity to test drive the new lip shines. As expected I would go for the natural pinks such as Pink Glisten but I was eyeing Papaya (a bright coral pink) as well. Unfortunately, Papaya is not available for purchase in the Philippines, so just I ended up with Pink Glisten which is a is a lightened, rosy pink with teeny tiny silver shimmers.
|the sleek black casing just spells class|
|Lancome Juicy Rogue vs BB Treatment Lip Shine|
|Bobbi Brown Treatment Lip Shine in Pink Glisten|
So how does this lipstick fare? Here's a rundown of the reasons why I like it:
- It is very moisturizing! You can actually skip lip balm and apply this directly and your lips will stay moisturized even after the color has worn off
- Considering the fact that is not a lipstick per se, it imparts an impressive semi-opaque dewy finish
- Gives a pretty pink hue that looks natural, fresh and very feminine, sort of a MLBB shade
- Had tiny shimmers that does not bother nor irritate even when the color has worn down
- has SPF 15!
And some of the reasons worth considering:
- Understandably since it is very moisturizing it has little bit of slip to it when applied
- Color will usually last about 2-3 hours on your lips (slight fading by the second hour), maybe even less if you eat or drink. However it's not really the lipstick's fault as I purchased the lightest shade, I imagine darker colors will fare better in this area
- The light pink hue may wash out some complexions, I think this is best worn with a little bit of eye makeup and blush
- This is a great summery color, but it may not be the color of choice if you want your lips to stand out
- Price is too steep at Php 1,100
|you can also check Temptalia for more swatches|
And here's a photo of me wearing it while en route to my nephew's christening:
So what do you think?
Will you be purchasing your own Bobbi Brown Treatment Lip Shine soon?