When asked what my "beauty secrets" were in response to Project Vanity's contest, I had to think long and hard about what would be nice to share to my dear readers.
Beauty secrets are relative, and some products I use may or may not work on other people. And with maintaining a somewhat beauty blog, it's sometimes hard to keep track of things I use or have tried. With a blog like this, it's sometimes even harder to be faithful to one product.
Personally, the only thing that I can share it the same thing my Communications trainer taught us: K.I.S.S.
Keep it simple, sweetie
Everyday we get bombarded with tons of *new* anti-aging, whitening, skin-perfecting products. After trying out a whole lot (including switching to organic/natural alternatives), I still find myself going back to my normal, tried and tested routine of JUST KEEPING IT SIMPLE.
First of all, my skin care routine is as simple as it is necessary.
I wash my face with my favorite cleanser (an orange-infused soap from my dermatologist), apply an exfoliating toner, eye cream and sunblock gel of SPF 30. My fave eye cream of all time is Avon's Advance Eye Perfector (Php 299) which has peptides to address fine lines and undereye circles.
I decided that I should rid my skin of all the "gunk" I put on my face and stick to the basics: cleanse, tone, moisturize and protect. I apply sunblock to all exposed body parts including my neck, nape, ears, even on the back of my hands. I started doing all of the above in high school, and it continues til today.
My so-called makeup routine is decidedly as simple as well. If I need more coverage I grab my Nu Skin tinted moisturizer which I layer on top of my sunblock gel, then top it off with powder. Really, I just use Johnson's Fresh & Smooth powder with SPF 15 which is one of the cheapest drugstore powders out there. And if the need arises, I apply eye liner, mascara, some blush, a pink lip and then I head on out the door. I also protect my eyes by using an umbrella or wearing my sunnies during hot, glaring days.
One thing I look forward to during bath time is the bi-weekly scrub session where I scrub my face with St. Ives Apricot Scrub and my body with VMV Ginger Snap Body Clay. These are classic favorites and I've been using them for years now. I like how grainy they are and how they exfoliate even the soles of my feet.
My love for scrubs means that incorporating Asian Secrets lulur scrub will be a cinch. And the reason why I look forward to using this is because I am currently tan from swimming and I'd like to have a more even skin tone. Not necessarily stark white skin but a smoother and more glowing canvas.
So if you are a bride-to-be who would like a full-body makeover package priced at Php 15,000, or just like me who is coveting a brand new 32 gig iPod Touch (mine needs to retire badly), then c'mon and share your own beauty secrets! :)
Check out the deets below:
1. Simply write an answer to this question!
For the brides: The big day draws near and you have to look perfect. How do you plan to look your best? Youʼre encouraged to talk about your gown, makeup artist, desired look, motif, beauty rituals, and how Asian Secrets can help you on your big day.
For the general readers: What are your beauty secrets? Youʼre encouraged to talk about the beauty products, tips, tricks that you swear by, plus how Asian Secrets can be incorporated in your routine.
2. Once you have it, blog your answer (+1 entry) and/or post it as a note on Facebook (+1 entry). Donʼt forget to include four things: your answer to the question, the contest poster, mechanics, and link to the contest page. You can also promote this contest on Twitter (+1 entry), and Plurk (+1 entry) for more chances of winning. For Twitter and Plurk entries, include the hashtag #asiansecrets.
3. Post all the direct links of your entries in the comments page (below). Donʼt forget this step, because without it, we wonʼt know you joined! Also include a valid email address.
Weʼll be picking the grand winners based on the quality of your answer and how well you promote your entry online. The contest will run from September 8 to October 1, 12 noon. We will be announcing the winner on 6pm. Good luck!
- This contest is open only to those who live or can travel to Metro Manila. Transportation will not be reimbursed.
- The winner who wins the bridal package should be personally available on the whole day of October 2, Saturday, for the makeover and turnover of products, which I will cover for my blog. Date is tentative and may be moved.
- The winner of the iPod + makeup should be available on October 2 to personally claim the products from me. No shipping. Date is tentative and may be moved.
On a more personal note, another beauty secret is to have a positive outlook in life. Learn to choose your battles, you need not stress over the little things. Don't take life too seriously.
You know what they say: when life hands you lemons, make lemonade. And I say, make some money out of dem lemonade you just made. Smile! :)
For more info visit Project Vanity