Presenting Exhibit A - I am quite embarrassed to show how my cuticles look like now, and this is even with regular use of the Leyende Mother Butter. So sad right? Oh what to do, what to do....
And then it hit me! One of our friends, Jenny of ARC PR, handed me a bottle of MJ's Herbals Calendula Salve last month. I figured since I use it for dry spots and the soles of my feet, I'm pretty sure it'll work as a cuticle oil/salve as well.
MJ's Herbals® Calendula Salve is an exceptionally effective remedy for inflamed skin, slow healing wounds, dry skin, & irritations. Although our Calendula Salve is strong in action, it is gentle on the skin & ideal for baby skin care needs.
Feel the healing power of these beautiful golden blossoms! Calendula salve is incredibly versatile and makes a perfect skincare balm for everyday use, for the face, lips and under eye area. A small dab on cotton is a non-irritating, soothing and safe eye makeup remover which moisturizes the delicate under eye area and eyelids.
Ingredients: Calendula Blossoms* and vitamin E (d-alpha tocopherol) in a base of olive oil* and unrefined propolis beeswax. *Certified organic
Price: Php 650
I basically just apply this to my cuticles (sometimes to my whole hand!) several times a day. Since I'm online a whole lot, my MJ's Herbals Calendula Salve is just strategically parked beside my laptop. So whenever I'm bored or I have a pocket of time, I just swipe and apply. Pretty easy, huh? :)
What I like:
- leaves a nice sheen on bare nails
- It's almost unscented, I only make out a mild herbal scent if I smell it directly from the bottle
- handy and easy to tote around for travelling
- is easily absorbed by the skin, no oily mess or residue
- made of certified organic ingredients
- the salve is handcrafted and impressively packaged in reusable, recyclable 1oz non-reactive glass containers
- can instantly reduce the appearance of dry skin, regular use is needed for optimum results
- you only need a smidgen, this small 1oz container will last several months to a year
- sealed upon purchase
What I don't like:
- not readily available in stores, only available online as such you won't be able to smell them
So finally, this is how my nails look like after application:
Presenting Exhibit B - Relatively less dry and ragged-looking cuticles, hooray!
- only have your nails done by a professional
- use SLS-free hand washes if you can, they are gentler and don't strip moisture from your skin
- to further care for your nails, always have several moisturizers placed in several different locations (i.e. your workstation, bathroom, kitchen, etc.) so you can moisturize anytime you notice dryness or a ragged cuticle.
- stash a good moisturizer in your bag, I use Leyende Mother Butter or No Rumple Silk Skin so I can moisturize on the go!
- for really dry hands/cuticles, apply emu oil, olive oil or sunflower oil, wear gloves and and leave it on overnight for crazy soft hands in the morning
Any nail care tips you'd like to share with us? :)
MJ's Herbals is available at The Healthy Shopper Facebook page.