For years I've been a staunch user of Driclor, a strong anti-perspirant manufactured by Stiefel Laboratories which contains Aluminium Chlorohydrate as its active ingredient. I've been using it for almost 3 years mainly because I don't want to bother with applying deodorant each and every single day. With proper use (please read the leaflet enclosed, I cannot stress this enough!) I can go on for 2 months with just 1 single application.
The only downside is, it has so be used properly and sparingly because Driclor and really irritate your skin and cause itchiness. There are also specific instructions like avoiding shaving, plucking or waxing 24-48 hours before and after application. It's pretty strong stuff, I tell ya, but the comfort of not having to think about perspiration or staining your clothes is pretty good for me so I make do.
My Driclor was set to expire last month, and it was really timely that JTomas Collections sent me their newest product aptly called No Sweat. I was advised that it is gentler than Driclor and contains less of the Aluminium Chlorohydrate. It also guarantees no sting nor itchiness, unlike Driclor.
J.Tomas Body Solutions' NO SWEAT spray is a gentle hydro alcohol solution for excessive sweating of the armpits, chest, back, hands, and feet. At 60% concentration of aluminum chlorhydrate, it keeps skin dry for long hours.
1. Ensure that the affected areas are totally dry before spraying with J.Tomas Body Solutions No Sweat.
2. Preferably spray on sweat prone areas after bath. Use sparingly everyday.
3. Do not spray on irritated skin or areas with open wound.
4. Ideal for all skin types.
Price: Php 88.00/50mlOff the bat, the instructions says I should use this everyday. But of course, I chose not to to be able to check if it really can replace my loyal Driclor.
What I like:
- very affordable! It's sells for Php 88/50ml while Driclor is a whopping Php 800+/60ml
- I definitely did not experience any sting or irritation
- economical, 1 full spray per underarm is enough for me
- controls sweating
- did not darken my 'pits
What I don't like:
- I prefer roll-ons compared to sprays because I have poor aiming skillz
- the sprayer may clog over time, to avoid this make sure to replace cap after use
- controls sweat/perspiration in my underarms for a maximum of 2 weeks (give or take depending on how much you sweat)
- the floral scent may be too strong for some, I really prefer unscented stuff
- may leave a white powdery film if you overspray
- sprayer can be inconsistent
Conclusion: It's no Driclor but the No Sweat Anti-perspirant deodorant can effectively control sweat/perspiration without the itchiness or sting that the former gives. Having to apply it every 2 weeks may be cumbersome, but am happy that No Sweat is a cheaper and more economical alternative. And anyway, it says it has to be used everyday on the label.
Please note that my experience may be different from yours since I don't sweat too much. And it is not as potent as Driclor, FYI.
- Aim then press hard! If you don't, the sprayer may let our a stream instead of a spray
- I spray this before I go to bed so I don't have to deal with the white powdery finish in the morning while dressing up.
- Spray in front of a mirror if you have poor aiming skills like moi, haha.
This product is available in Watsons for only Php 88.00 but is always sold out, so if you are in dire need of a good antiperspirant you can also order through https://www.facebook.com/JTomasCollections.