Though initially thought of as brand focused on baby care, I've recently discovered that Mustela is also great for sensitive and intolerant skin. Thanks to their sampling via Glamourbox, I was able to try the Physiobebe as a skin cleanser and makeup remover. Almost instantly, I became a huge fan.
With the reformulation of their Bebe range and Sun Protection products, there is much to celebrate! Both now contains Avocado Perseose, an unprecedented new active ingredient discovered by the Mustela researchers at Expanscience Laboratories which acts as a shield against external stresses, thus protecting the skin's cellular reserve.
AVOCADO PERSEOSE - the new active ingredient of MustelaBebe and Mustela Sun Protection products. To make baby’s skin less vulnerable while protecting this unsuspected wealth of stem cells, the Mustela scientific team at Expanscience Laboratories found that this active ingredient is capable of both supporting the development of the barrier function and, even more importantly, protecting the reserve of cells against day-to-day stresses. Safely preserved, this cellular resource can continue to play its role of restoring and maintaining the overall balance in the skin throughout life.Mustela is not only committed to preserving the integrity of baby's skin, but is committed to nurturing the environment as well. Since 2004, Mustela products offer biodegradable foaming cleansers, a natural patented ingredient produced by a responsible industry, a complete line of recyclable bottles, tubes containing only recycled plastics, a savings of 24.1 tons of paper/cardboard by eliminating leaflets and select boxes and using less cardboard, and boxes manufactured with cardboard from sustainably-managed forests and printed with plant oil-based inks. That's more than any organic/all-natural brand can claim.
Ladies with sensitive or intolerant skin (and let me add, those with sensitized skin from testing too many products) will delight in Mustela's hypoallergenic, high tolerance formulas with 0% parabens, phenoxyethanols, phthalates, EDTA, genetically modified plant extracts, chlorphenesin, alcohol, SLS, etc. Impressively, at least 92% of ingredients are from natural origins as well.
Curious about my favorites? These are all top picks from Mustela: Stelatopia Cream Cleanser, Bebe Shampoo, Bebe Hydra Bebe, Physiobebe, Cleansing Milk, Dermo-Cleansing. I love Stelatopia as a facial cleanser, will review this soon.
Just look for the leaf in their new packaging and you'll know that it now contains the active ingredient Avocado Perseose.
1. Mustela® Bébé range- products that are specially formulated for the everyday skin care needs of the naturally delicate skin of newborns, babies and children. Its complete offer is built around the 4 essential routines: hygiene, bath-time, nappy changing and skin care.
2. Mustela® Dermo-Paediatrics range - solution to the specific skin problems suffered by newborns, babies and children:
- Dry skin with eczema: Stelatopia
- Hypersensitive and intolerant skin: Stelaprotect
- Irritated areas: Stelatria
- Nappy rash: Stelactiv Cradle cap: Stelaker
3. Mustela® 9 Months range- specially formulated to accompany the changes a woman’s skin undergoes during pregnancy,after giving birth and breastfeeding.
4. Mustela® Sun Protection -protects the delicate,fragile or intolerant skin (atopic, hypersensitive, reactive, etc) of babies and children.
For more information on Mustela, visit http://www.mustela.ph.
*Mustela in the Philippines is exclusively distributed by PHARMASAFE, INC. and is available in the following branches: Stand Alone Kiosks: Ayala Trinoma, Robinson's Ermita, Glorietta 4, Shangrila Mall, Megamall A, Greenhills, The Shops, Alabang Town Center, and Mall of Asia. Shop-In-Shop: Rustan's and Landmark Department Stores, Mothercare, Pure Beauty, Numa Eco Baby Store, Medela House, & Chimes Department Store, Davao.